Sunday 13 February 2011

First day on the job

It was very long and extremely boring day, also cold, noisy and BORING! But I learned new things, like mounting networking devices, screwing them and connecting them.

I installed the 6 devices in the middle starting from the one with blue on the side

FIRST, let me explain what I do, I'm training as a networking engineer in Imtac(Leading IT company in Oman), I am lucky to join them at the stage where we are creating a firewall system for Bank Muscat(isn't that cool), so i'll be witnessing how to install a firewall for one of the largest corporations in Oman!

Now back to the thing, I was in the Data Center, which was HUGE, cold and noisy too... Because there are lots of hardware heat is produced, so they have to control it with a certain temperature and also avoid it from getting humid and wet. So it's very cold which leads me to the next point, since there are lots of hardware there are lots of whirring devices which makes it noisy... I was there for 4 hours and when I left the sound still haunted me. It was me and my "boss" who were there fixing it all, so while I was doing something I had fun, otherwise I was bored xD But I still learned new thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment