Monday 9 September 2013

The Black Bucket - Chapter 3

Around forty five minutes have passed since Dorelei started crushing on Shoxy, then Shoxy finally dozed off, though Dorelei kept peeking at her every other minute. Dorelei lit up a cigarette, had a toke and kicked her head back on the couch.
   “Did you hear about that accident? Involving the dog?” I asked Dorelei.
   “Nah, what happened? Shit, there hasn’t been a dog sighting for how long now? And the first thing that happens is that it gets involved in an accident?” She took another drag. 
   “Yeah, I didn’t notice the relation between the dog and the accident at first till Vipin, the guy who works with me pointed it out.” And so, I went on explaining what happened this afternoon.
She started putting out the cigarette while exhaling, I liked the way she breathed the smoke out of her lips, the way she puckered them sometimes was really cute.
   “Hmm, the dogs coming shouldn’t necessarily mean the virus is back, he could have just entered through the outer city sewers and somehow made his way in.” She scratched her chin while pondering. “Besides, they already developed a vaccine for it, so people bitten can immediately go to the hospital for a shot.” She turned to look at Shoxy.
   “Fair enough, I wouldn’t bother too much with it anyway; let’s just hope they don’t invent something new this time…” I let out a sigh.
   “Yeah, let’s hope.” She began stretching, her shirt lifted up a bit, you can see part of her cherry blossom tree tattoo. She has a 'Sakura Tree' tattoo all across her left side, starting from her thigh, extending up to her underarm. It is a really beautiful tattoo, I wonder how long it took her to get this done because that’s art right there.
We went on to sitting in silence for a few moments, staring out of the window, Dorelei did all she can to not stroke Shoxy though she was very tempted at times. Dorelei was someone I could fall in love with, if I just pushed my feelings a bit more, I could actually love her but I wouldn’t do so, even though I could. I am not quite sure how she views me, but if I were to kiss her right now she would kiss me back and it will end up like that day. Dorelei came over one night; she was very upset about something that happened one night during her bartending job, she got into a fight with a customer and was fired by her manager later on. She wasn’t the type that took shit from anyone, she’s a made girl and doesn’t have time for low lives. So, she came over that night, I sat comforting her. I remember that night very clearly, I’m so glad I didn’t lose my memory after this happened, it’s such a nice peaceful memory to have. I remember her laying on this same couch, her head on my shoulders, I can feel my shirt getting wet where her face was, she was crying but I just sat in silence and let her have her moment. She isn’t the type that will be comforted by soft soothing words, she just wanted someone to physically be there and in their silence she’ll find her own comfort. Ah! I remember that look she gave me when she lifted her face from my shoulder, she looked me deep into my eyes, I can see the appreciation in them and I couldn’t resist placing my lips on hers. And before we know it, we were laying skin to skin in each other’s arms. But we never spoke about that day again, it’s what made this relationship more special; that mutual understanding we both had, I’m really glad that she’s around.
  She caught me staring at her again. “Well I best be off, while the office workers sleep, I shall be mixing drinks to sooth broken hearts or to create wild nights! Oh! The joy!” She kissed me on my cheeks and made her way to the door.
   “Shut the door properly!” I shouted, knowing that she wouldn’t do it. Yes, I knew she wouldn’t do it; she just blew me a kiss and left it slightly opened. I sighed as I walked up to the door to close it.

Suddenly the whole room started spinning, I couldn’t place my hands on a wall to support myself…

No comments:

Post a Comment